So, you guys might have heard of this Blue Whale challenge that has been gaining attention these days. What is Blue Whale challenge actually? Why are people committing suicide? Let’s get into the post and find it out!
The Blue Whale Challenge
In Russia and Central Asia, there is a quote unquote game taking place on a social media site called vk.com (VKontakte). The game goes by several different names most commonly it’s called Blue Whale but, other names include F57, a Silent House, a sea of whales and wake me up at 4:20 a.m. The game is fairly simple. The player simply signs up and then they’re assigned an administrator. He gives them a daily task to complete for 50 days. Some of these tasks are fairly simple such as, waking up at odd times or watching horror movies but the tasks slowly begin to get more sinister.
Eventually, these tasks tell the players of the game to inflict harm on themselves and on the 50th day of the game the administrator will struck the player to kill themselves. Although, the game sounds insane, it may actually be having some type of impact on people.
How Did It Get It’s Name?
The games title is derived from the blue whales that are often believed to strand themselves on beaches or beached whales in a bid to commit suicide.
Who Is The Creator?
So, this game was invented by Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was expelled from his university. He also stated that his purpose was to clean the society by pushing to suicide those he deemed as having no value. “Do something beautiful at least once in your life, it is so good to die young. Life is awful, it will not get better. You are rare, a selected one,” is what he told his victims.
Trying To Camouflage
Complete List Of Blue Whale Challenge
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
Gets More Creepy
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
Impact On People
An investigative newspaper called Novaya Gazeta implied this game may have caused at least 130 suicides. However, this may not be completely accurate. Regardless, some of these suicides may be connected to the blue whale challenge. Yulia Konstantinova and Veronica Volkova are two possible victims of this game. They both committed suicide together by jumping off a 14 story apartment building what’s
shocking about this however is that, shortly before this happened, Yulia posted a picture of a blue whale on Instagram she also left a note saying end.
Her friend Veronica also wrote the same and it’s important to note that if these people are victims of the game, then it probably wasn’t the game entirely that made them do this. These people would regularly post messages on their social media page such as “Do you feel that you gradually become useless”.As evident that they were already depressed and possibly suicidal to begin with, if they killed themselves because of the game then the game would have something that contributed to everything else.
The Spread Of Blue Whale Challenge
Want To Have a Go At It?
If you’re stupid enough to want to play this game then you’re going to have to search hard. Assuming the game even really exists, it’s not out in the open. You can’t find the Blue Whale Challenge on Google or even on a Facebook group. According to news reports it exists in closed groups and in private message conversations.
It’s said that the game administrators often choose their victims rather than the players themselves seeking out the game.
Perhaps you’re just looking to play so that you can troll the admins, to expose them or to seek revenge but remember, anyone who encourages a vulnerable teen to take their own life is sick and you don’t know what people like that are capable of.
So, that is it for this post.
Please stay away from these kind of games.